Blinken Admits Past 20 Years Of U.S. Regime Change Efforts Abroad Basically A Failure

December 20th, 2024

Via: ZeroHedge:

Now with just weeks to go before the Trump administration takes over the White House, Secretary of State Antony Blinken has issued some interesting and surprising admissions. He told an audience of the Council on Foreign Relations on Wednesday that Biden’s policy on Iran hasn’t been more muscular because Washington’s regime change efforts in the region over the past two decades have basically been failures.

It’s rare for a top official who is still in office to so bluntly describe that regime change efforts have been doomed. Blinken had been asked specifically of the US supporting Iranian opposition groups to overthrow the government in Tehran.

“I think if we look at the last 20 years, our experiments in regime change have not exactly been resounding successes,” he responded. “So, I think we have to have an appropriate degree of humility in focusing in that way on a problem.”

One Response to “Blinken Admits Past 20 Years Of U.S. Regime Change Efforts Abroad Basically A Failure”

  1. Snowman says:

    ” I think we have to have an appropriate degree of humility in focusing in that way on a problem.”

    Is Blinken using word salad to imply regret over past policies and also to avoid giving any clue as to what he/the US might do next? Who knows what he really feels or is planning.

    Surely, joining Israel in exploiting Palestine’s energy resources is high on the list, once all the Palestinians who are in the way have been totally genocided. How naive we baby boomers were, to believe in our youth that the days of Hitler and Hirohito and Napoleon and Attila the Hun were behind us.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.